- Keeping right knee bent, straighten left leg toward floor as you lower arms out to sides. Hold for 1 count, then return to start.
- Do 10 reps. Switch legs; repeat. 3. Lie face down then lift yourself up on to your toes and forearms, with your elbows bent at 90 degrees. Keeping your core muscles –— your stomach and bottom — tight and your legs straight, hold for 10 seconds. Repeat three times a day, gradually building to 40 seconds each.
- 4. This last one works very well if you have had children. I have always been told to do reverse crunchs to help close the gap that occurs from having children. 10-20 reps.
HEALTH HAPPINESS AND HOBBIES
Hello, my name is Leah parker, and this is my blog. It is about health, happiness, and how to balance it all. I am a wife of my awesome husband Glenn parker. I am also mother of two children, 15 and 3. I'm also a student working on becoming a RN. Life can be stressful but learning how to balance it and still have time for yourself can be difficult, but must be done. I'm here to give you some tips on how to make things easier and less stressful
Being a mother of a child with adhd it can be difficult to work out at times. I have learned 4 simple exercises to help tone your core, and can be done in about 10 mins per day.
1. Stand on left leg, left arm extended out to side at shoulder height, right foot lifted a few inches off floor to the side.
- Place right hand behind head, elbow bent out to side at shoulder level, then lift right knee toward right elbow.
- Do 15 reps; switch sides and repeat. 2. Lie faceup on mat, knees bent 90 degrees over hips, holding a dumbbell in each hand, arms extended over chest, palms in.
When we talk about fitness we also need to think about what we are putting into our bodies. I am not talking about a strict diet its what you feel comfortable with and will stick too. What works for me is something called carb cycling. 1 day will be a high carb day eating more than usual but mostly good carbs. On these days i will work out longer than usual as well. Day 2 will be my low carb day this is where I eat little to no carbs if possible. By doing this your body does not go into starvation mode and therefore doesnt store fat.
Monday(high carb day)
Breakfast- 1 cup of oatmeal and a small cup of fruit.
Snack- apples and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Lunch- half of a turkey sandwich on wheat bread
Snack- 1 cup of carrots
Dinner- 3 ounces of chicken breast and 1 cup of pasta (whole wheat).
Low carb day
Breakfast-two scrambled eggs with 1/2 red bell pepper
Snack- protein shake with berries.
Lunch- 3 ounces grilled chicken with 1 cup asparagus
Snack- 1/3 cup oatmeal with 10 almonds
Dinner-3 ounces steak with 2 cups steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
(Note) it is not about restricting your favorite foods its about moderation.